Skip to main content

Year Founded: 1990

AUM: $14.00B | Dry Powder: $931.95M
One Bartholomew Close, Barts Square, London EC1A 7BL, England, UK
InfraRed Capital Partners is an investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate investments. The firm invests in Europe, Asia, and North America based companies. The firm focuses on public private partnership investment structures in addition to mainstream infrastructure investing

Key Contacts

  • Werner Von Guionneau
    Chief Executive Officer
  • Chris Gill
    Deputy Chief Executive & Chairman
  • Geoffrey Quaife
    Director, Infrastructure

Investment Preferences

  • Preferred Industries
    Commercial Services, Energy Equipment, Energy Services, Exploration, Production and Refining, Other Business Products and Services, Other Energy, Restaurants, Hotels and Leisure, Utilities
  • Geographical Preference
    Asia, Europe, North America
  • Preferred Deal Types


  • Other Investment Preferences
    • Seeks ESG investments
    • Will syndicate

Investments By Year

Source: Pitchbook

Funds Closed

Infrared Active Real Estate IV
Vintage: 2018

Size:  $684.6M

Dry Powder: $184.2M

Details: It targets office properties, energy services, and business products and services sector

InfraRed Infrastructure V
Vintage: 2017

Size:  $1.0B

Dry Powder: $429.1M

Details: The fund invests in transportation, economic & social infrastructure, renewable & sustainable energy generation

Renewables Infrastructure Group
Vintage: 2013

Size:  $1.3B

Dry Powder: $113.8M

Details: The fund is fully invested. Its main investment focus is the renewable energy sector

Investments By Industry

Investments By Region

Source: Pitchbook

Key Investments

In October 2022, InfraRed Capital Partners entered into an agreement to acquire a 49% stake in 3 operating, utility-scale wind assets in the US with a combined capacity of 551MW plus an 80% ownership interest in the 175MW Blue Hill Wind Facility in Saskatchewan, Canada from Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp for $384 million

In April 2022, The Renewables Infrastructure Group, an international investment company managed by InfraRed, acquired a 49% stake in Project Valdesolar, a 264MW solar power park in Spain, from Repsol Renovables for €117 million. Repsol will hold the remaining 51% stake in the Valdesolar project, which it developed and built

In March 2022, InfraRed Capital Partners acquired 49% of the equity in a portfolio of two wind projects (Iron Star and Priddy) and one solar project (Hawtree) totaling 665MWs from ENGIE North America. ENGIE will retain the remaining 51% equity in the Projects and, given significant expertise in managing over 4GW of renewable projects in North America, will operate the portfolio

In October 2021, The Renewables Infrastructure Group (“TRIG”), managed by InfraRed Capital Partners announced the acquisition of a 100% interest in Statkraft’s four solar sites near Cádiz, Andalucia, with a total capacity of 234MWp. These sites would be operational by the end of 2022 and would act as a reliable source of renewable energy for the region, addressing predictable electricity demand and offsetting approximately 160,000 tonnes of carbon per year

In June 2021, InfraRed Capital Partners, on behalf of its latest infrastructure income fund in Europe and The Renewables Infrastructure Group (“TRIG”) committed to acquire two onshore pre-construction wind farms in Sweden, Twin Peaks. Both the fund and TRIG holds 50% commitment each on the pre-constructed onshore wind farms, Ranasjö and Salsjö. The projects are located in central Sweden and with a combined capacity of 242MW

In February 2021, InfraRed Capital Partners managed company The Renewables Infrastructure Group (“TRIG”) acquired a 67MW Gronhult wind farm in Sweden from Vattenfall for an undisclosed price. The 67MW ready-to-build project is located in the southwest of the country and consist of 12 Vestas 5.6MW turbines

In January 2021, The Renewable Infrastructure Group (TRIG) which is managed by InfraRed Capital Partners and RES, agreed to acquire 17.5% equity stake in Beatrice offshore wind farm in the UK from Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners. Beatrice is a 588MW offshore wind farm developed by SSE plc using Siemens turbines. Through this acquisition, Beatrice would represent approximately 12% of TRIG’s investment portfolio

In May 2021, The Renewables Infrastructure Group Limited (TRIG), on the advice of InfraRed Capital Partners, agreed to acquire 50% interest in two Swedish onshore pre-construction wind farms, Ranasjö and Salsjö. The projects are located in central Sweden and have a combined capacity of 242MW

Other Details

InfraRed Capital Partners is a part of SLC Management which is the institutional alternatives and traditional asset management business of Sun Life. InfraRed operates from offices in London, Hong Kong, New York, Sydney, Seoul and Mexico City. The firm actively manages over 220 infrastructure and real estate projects in 17 countries, with c.$14 billion of equity under management in private and listed funds. It specializes in the development, acquisition and management of the projects from its conception, structuring and construction through its long-term operating phase

The firm’s latest open fund is “InfraRed Energy Transition Fund”. It is a renewable energy-based infrastructure fund managed by InfraRed Capital Partners. The fund is located in London, England. It targets energy, infrastructure sector

Actividades de Construcción y Servicios, Aximum, Colas, DEME, DIF Capital Partners, EGIS Projects, Equitix, GE Energy Financial Services, HICL Infrastructure, NGE, Partners Group, Screg Sud Ouest, Spie Batignolles, The Renewables Infrasture Group are some of the institutional investors in InfraRed Capital Partners’ funds

Source: Private Equitynews, Marinelink, Company Website, Renewablesnow